It’s a pretty well known fact amongst those who know me well that I’m not a fan of winter. Or Christmas, or holidays (as in seasonal holidays, not vacations. I love vacations)…
But before you shout “bah humbug” at me and move on, keep reading. Because I’m turning things on their head. In spite of the previous paragraph, I am, in fact, a pretty positive, glass-half-full type person. Therefore I’ve been thinking about what’s positive about this time of year. So here goes…
- I adore autumn colours. When the leaves start to turn those amazing shades of red, orange and yellow, it is utterly breathtaking, and never gets old. I’m a nature and outdoors lover, and I can wrap up warm against the cold in order to get out and see those beautifully coloured leaves. And, even when they’ve fallen, they’re great fun to crunch on—just ask Scamp!
- The shorter nights, although they make me long for the light and warmth of the sun, can be twisted to my benefit. Instead of pottering around in the garden of an evening, or making excuses to go outside, I tend to want to hide indoors. So I’ll do just that, and take advantage of the extra time to write! Or read, or watch TV, or films, or catch up on some knitting. I’ve barely done any knitting over the last few months, so I need a project to get on with… woolly hats seem pretty appropriate!
- Most of my favourite TV shows are currently airing. Summer is a pretty sparse time of year for TV viewing, but it doesn’t tend to bother me because I’d rather be outside. Now, however, I can embrace those chilly days and dark nights and binge watch The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Arrow, The Flash, Elementary, Agents of SHIELD, Blindspot, The Player, The Big Bang Theory, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow… the list goes on!
- A secondary benefit of the above… the vast majority of those TV shows are packed full of eye candy. People that know me also know I’m a huge fan of hot guys (and to a lesser extent, hot girls), and tend to use my favourite sexy celebrities as inspiration for characters in my books. Lots of the aforementioned shows are also funny, or at least have funny moments. So I can be laughing and drooling at the hotties at the same time—then later on write some smuttiness based on characters that look remarkably like them! How’s that for multi-tasking?
- Food! I wouldn’t say I’m a huge foodie, really, but I do like to eat. And this time of year is perfect for comfort foods. Or naughty foods. Which are often the same thing, in my case. In summer, TV ads and supermarkets seem to expect you to eat nothing but salads (that literally never happens for me) or barbecues. Now, however, pig in blankets have reappeared in the supermarkets, as have giant boxes of chocolates, tins of biscuits, cheeseboards, and warm, sticky, custard-covered puddings and desserts. Possibly none of this is going to do much for my waistline—but all the more reason to stick with my weekly Zumba sessions throughout the winter, too!
So… how was that for positivity? ;) More awesome things are book releases—whoop! My next book, Properly, Or Not At All, releases on the 8th December from Totally Bound Publishing. All details are below—you can pre-order it now, too, so it pops up on your eReader on release date. Alternatively, grab it direct from the publisher and you can read it early!
Soon after, on the 14th December, my one and only (so far) holiday release becomes available again! My reindeer shifter book, Cupid, re-releases (the previous publisher sadly had to close its doors) with Evernight Publishing. So if you love tales of ice and snow and sexy romance, watch this space for more details!
Properly or not at all by Lucy Felthouse
Tristan and Jayme are not only devoted husband and wife, they are also Dominant and submissive, with a particular penchant for spanking. They’ve been playing delicious kinky games for the fifteen years they’ve been together and couldn’t be happier. However, when Tristan develops a health issue that means he can’t redden his wife’s backside for a while, it puts both of them under a lot of strain. It’s a big part of their sex life, and one they’ll miss badly.
They try to find a way around their unfortunate predicament, but it’s not easy. In the end, Tristan declares that he will either spank Jayme’s bottom properly, or not at all.
The prospect of no spanking at all dismays Jayme, but she has no other choice. Or does she? Continuing to put her mind towards the issue, she indulges in some solo experimentation, with mixed results.
But how will Tristan feel when he finds out his wife has gone behind his back?
The UberKinky Spot Prize
WIN a Pink Tantus Duchess Silicone Dual Density Dildo!
A royal among dildos!
One Winner will be selected at random at midnight on the 4th December and will receive the prize.
Cleverly crafted from Tantus’ own unique formula of 100% ultra premium silicone, the Tantus Duchess Silicone Dual Density Dildo features a soft and flexible outer layer, with a firm inner core. The beautiful bulbous head is designed to deliver perfect G spot or P spot stimulation, while the waterproof bullet vibrator in the base guarantees to give you a real buzz. Suction cup and harness compatible, you can enjoy solo gratification or playing as a pair with your new Tantus toy. Handmade and hand-poured, this deviant dildo is hypoallergenic, non toxic and phthalate free; it is even dishwasher safe, boilable and bleachable, so you can share the fun.
This supreme dildo is designed for easy insertion and superior stimulation. Responsible for some of the safest and most pleasurable toys on the market, Tantus always builds its products to an unsurpassed level of quality.
Prepare to give an all new meaning to the term ‘royally screwed’!